none
"Failed to submit the update request for the selected items" appearred when clicking "Update all targets" under variation?

Question

• Hi everyone,

We have set up two subsites, English and French under one set colletion. We have set up the VariationRoot.aspx and Variation Labels. It works before. Somehow now, when the user selects the page and clicks the "Update all targets" under Variations under English subsite, user got "Failed to submit the update request for the selected items" and job is not done. Anyone knows what is the problem?

Thanks.

Miranda

Friday, September 27, 2013 7:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    For this issue, I’m trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at it.
    Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 30, 2013 2:12 AM
  • Hi Miranda,

as i know, "Update" button is to be used before publishing the page to push a new version over to target labels.

perhaps may help you by

Disable "Automatic Creation" (Site Actions -> Site
    Settings -> Variations -> Do
    not automatically create site and pages variations) and simply Publish the source page.
    Don't use the "Update" button.

When “Automatic Creation” is disabled, publishing the source page will
    cause the source page to be propagated to all targets that have relationships (i.e. all targets created via "Create Variation").

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 30, 2013 6:35 AM
  • Thank you Qiao and Aries!

Hi Aries, I am not sure if I did what you suggested, I went to the Variation Labels and select eidt fr (for French).

Then I changes the "Page Update Behavior" from Automatically to "Mannual updates".

I then manually run the "Variations Propagate Page Job Definition" from CA, nothing has been created in French site. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Miranda

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:17 PM
  • Hi Miranda,

i tried in my lab box, regarding this, but seems work with my lab.

variations have 3 timer jobs, that perhaps you may need to check, here is the articles:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/stefan_gossner/archive/2011/11/17/sharepoint-variations-the-complete-guide-part-4-timer-jobs.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc678870.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff628966.aspx

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 10:24 AM