none
Corrupt AD Attributes After migration

Question

• Hi All,

I am having a completly bizare issue with a single mailbox after a migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010 SP2. Get ready for a long winded post :).

- I started the original migration from 2003 to 2010.

After the migration, the mailbox completed with Warnings, saying it couldn’t delete the mailbox from 2003. I was also unable to purge the old mailbox manually as it was still assigned to the user. Random emails for this user then backed up in the queues. After some reading, it recommended I remove Exchange attributes, re-attach the mailbox and re-migrate. This failed with the same issue.

- So then I decided to remove from 2010 and 2003, recreate in 2010 and restore the data. After a few hours, random emails started filling up for the user. Under Recipient Information on the blocked emails shows 'Last Error: 250 2.0.0 OK'
    The queue status is showing as 'Retry' with the error: 432-4.3.2 STOREDRV; mailboxservertoobusy432 4.3.2 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception.StorageTransientException.MapiExceptionNotEnoughMemory; Failed to process message due to a transient exception with message Cannot set search criteriaa in SearcchFolder . 16.558.

- When looking back into 2003, I was unable to purge the old mailbox, the error tells me to restart either the console or InformationStore service. Error log doesnt go into any more detail (even with diagnostic logging set to High). Therefore, I created a new user and attached the mailbox to avoid any confusion.

The user can still send and recieve emails, but random mails get stuck in the queue. Resubmitting/retrying doesnt help. After some investigation into ADSI edit, I noticed legacyExchangeDN was pointing to the exchange 2010 rather than 2003 (unlike all other mailboxes). I manually made this change, and now when emails are sent out, it is shown as though it was sent from legacyExchangeDNattrib@domain.com

I am now running out of ideas, other than to recreate the AD user the a brand new mailbox. Has any one got any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Thursday, June 07, 2012 5:17 PM

Answers

• Hello,

When you manually changing the LegacyExchangeDN value, you also need to add an X.500 address:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2004/03/24/95451.aspx

Thanks,

Simon Wu

Exchange Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 08, 2012 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hello,

When you manually changing the LegacyExchangeDN value, you also need to add an X.500 address:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2004/03/24/95451.aspx

Thanks,

Simon Wu

Exchange Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 08, 2012 9:27 AM
  • Hi Simon,

Thanks for that. I will have a look at adding the address.

Cheers

Paul

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:14 AM