none
Crawl rule to exclude lists

Question

• I want to write a single crawl rule to exclude three lists from my sharepoint sub site to appear in search results. the rest of the lists can appear. Please help

Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• I want to write a single crawl rule to exclude three lists from my sharepoint sub site to restrict them to appear in search results. the rest of the lists can appear.Can anyone Please help
    Friday, August 30, 2013 5:41 AM
  • You can configure the lists individually to exclude them from search results. This can be done in the list settings.

Unless the 3 lists are of a specific base type, then you can use a search crawl rule to exclude them using the contentclass managed property.

• Edited by chris.sp Friday, August 30, 2013 5:53 AM added content class.
    Friday, August 30, 2013 5:52 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, though i know that the lists settings option can be used for restrictions,but we have this external search server ..different sharepoint farm.....it is not possible to restrict the three lists in our project by choosing the lists settings option,

Does any one know how to restrict only the specific three lists (Posts,Comments,Categories) by a single crawl rule..

Monday, September 02, 2013 5:01 AM
  • try http://.*/Lists/((Posts)|(Comments)|(Categories))/.*

and check "Use regular expression syntax for matching this rule" and uncheck "Match case"

And select "Exclude all items in this path"

• Edited by chris.sp Tuesday, September 03, 2013 3:56 AM added exclude
    • Marked as answer by ananya86 Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:32 PM
    Tuesday, September 03, 2013 3:55 AM
  • Thanks alottt... exactly what i was looking for :)
    I forgot to put brackets across each word
    • Edited by ananya86 Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:34 PM
    Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:32 PM