none
Collections for clients install in the last week.

Question

• Can someone provide me the query needed to create a collection of clients installed in the last week?

Thanks!

Shawn

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In my opinion, there is no way to get client installDate directly. The "SMS_R_System.CreationDate" attribute refers to the first time the system was discovered.If client is installed as soon as the system is discovered, The following query should be quite realistic:

select SMS_R_System.ResourceID, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.CreationDate  from  SMS_R_System where DATEDIFF(dd, SMS_R_System.CreationDate, GetDate()) < 7

Otherwise, if you use a Fallback Status Point, you can use reports to get information about the real install date . to get information :

1. Enable Fallback Status Point site system
    2. Update the client install cmd line and add the following argument : FSP=<FallbackStatusPointServerFQDN>
    3. Enable the Reporting services Site system and find the following report : "Successful client deployment" Under "Site - client information" Folder.

Regards,

Régis

• Proposed as answer by Régis Lainé Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by ShawnD1 Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:10 PM
    • Edited by Régis Lainé Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:21 PM update
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:53 PM

All replies

• Clients in terms of what? OS installation (SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM.InstallDate) or ConfigMgr client installation (that could be SMS_R_System.CreationDate; please double check that)?
    Datediff can also be used in WQL queries.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:10 PM
  • I am looking for client install date.
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:26 PM
  • Hi,

In my opinion, there is no way to get client installDate directly. The "SMS_R_System.CreationDate" attribute refers to the first time the system was discovered.If client is installed as soon as the system is discovered, The following query should be quite realistic:

select SMS_R_System.ResourceID, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.CreationDate  from  SMS_R_System where DATEDIFF(dd, SMS_R_System.CreationDate, GetDate()) < 7

Otherwise, if you use a Fallback Status Point, you can use reports to get information about the real install date . to get information :

1. Enable Fallback Status Point site system
    2. Update the client install cmd line and add the following argument : FSP=<FallbackStatusPointServerFQDN>
    3. Enable the Reporting services Site system and find the following report : "Successful client deployment" Under "Site - client information" Folder.

Regards,

Régis

• Proposed as answer by Régis Lainé Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by ShawnD1 Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:10 PM
    • Edited by Régis Lainé Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:21 PM update
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:53 PM