none
deploy thin client using MDT

Question

• Does anyone deploy HP Thin clients with MDT.

Deployment time of Windows Embedded 7 on T610 model takes more than 50min using HP Device Manager. The image is 2,5 GB.

Deployment time of full W7 with MDT takes 15 minutes.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 2:48 PM

All replies

• I have deployed to hp thin clients before.

What is the question?

If you are asking about speed, have you tried multicast? Also try different drop off settings in WDS.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 2:44 AM
  • 1. Was it successful?

2. Any non standard steps?

3. What OS did you use when import captured WIM to Operating Systems. The path for it asked on Setup window

of Import Operating System Wizard, radio button 2 ?

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Thursday, October 03, 2013 3:45 PM
  • if client computers use clonezilla generic server I recommend you leave my post here and I hope you can help:

http://blogs.itpro.es/octaviordz/2013/08/27/deployment-windows-con-diskless-remote-boot-in-linux-drbl-y-clonezilla-usando-multicast/

Freelance-IT http://www.freelance-it.com.mx

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:40 PM
  • Hey pob579,

I'm facing the exact same issue.  My desktop deployments take about 15 minutes but deployments to the HP T610's take 40-50 minutes.  My image is also small (around 2.45GB).  To further compound the issue, the image fails during the deployment process saying that windows could not successfully install and to restart the installation process.

I was wondering if you had gained any insight into this problem.

What base image are you working with when creating your golden image?  I'm still utilizing the base HP image, but it has been heavily modified (removed unneeded software, etc).  I sysprep and capture it and base the capture off of standard Windows 7 OS when forced to select an OS for the task sequence.

The capture process goes pretty smoothly, and then I import the capture as a Custom WIM.

My task sequence for deployment though is not having much luck.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:16 AM
  • Jake,

I was busy with the more important things that Thin deployment, but sure have to return to it and find out the best way to a deployment.

My plan is/was to contact HP (I have some direct contacts with Thin Tech Group rep) and ask for actual OS of the proposed image. I have a feeling that only the right OS can help.

If I will have any news on this matter I will post it.

Thx.

Michael.

Monday, December 02, 2013 11:52 AM