none
Cannot create/access SSRS server on local system

Question

• I installed a full version of SQL server 2008 R2 developer with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS. I started the SSRS service in windows. No matter which server name I try, I get the error Unable to connect to the report server ZZZ. In management studio, I can see SQl servers, Integration Server but no Report server. It looks like I need to create one so that I can learn SSRS. How do I do this ?

The error photo -

• Edited by blastoSO Sunday, March 02, 2014 10:22 PM
    Sunday, March 02, 2014 10:20 PM

All replies

• Bounce !!!
    Tuesday, March 04, 2014 12:15 AM
  • Have you clicked on button "Find"?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 1:40 AM
  • Please read the below article to verify the installation.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143773(v=sql.105).aspx

Regards, RSingh

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 1:53 AM
  • Hi blastoSO,

Please open the SQL Server Configuration Manager to check if the SQL Server Reporting Services is start. If you cannot find the SQL Server Reporting Services option, you may have not install it correctly.

Alternatively, please “Run administrator” to open the Reporting Services Configuration Manager to troubleshooting the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Alisa Tang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:15 AM
  • Typically using Reporting Server Configuration Manager you type the computer name (e.g., "blastoSO-PC").  With a default in stall the instance is likely MSSQLSERVER.  Localhost might work in the computer name as well.  Open SQL Server Configuration Manager, under services you should see the service, if it installed correctly.  Make sure that is running.  As previously mentioned you might need to run the Reporting Server Configuration Manager as an administrator.  It's also possible security software or other computer configurations to interfere with configuration manager.
    Tuesday, March 04, 2014 4:55 PM
  • Yes and I get errors after that.

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 10:51 PM
  • The Reporting Services Configuration Manager uses WMI calls to interact with SSRS.  Please see this article and ensure WMI is configured correctly and that no other security software (i.e., firewall, anti-virus, etc.) is interfering.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156305.aspx

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 2:32 PM