none
Exchagne 2010 sp2!

Question

• Yesterday I upgraded Ex 2010 to SP2 but now we're having issues with ACtivesync.  We use MDM to manage our devices but obviously activesync is used for connectivity to Exchange.  Does anyone know what could be going on, has sp2 reset something in activesync?

THanks

Thursday, February 09, 2012 9:03 PM

Answers

• Hiya,

SP2 should not affect ActiveSync, but it might be worth checking for settings you have changed manually in IIS, such as to enable SSL offloading or authentication methods.

If it is sporadic errors, try getting users affected to enable device logging in the ECP/Options pages on the tab for mobile devices. Once retrieved this may provide some insight, in combination with increasing diagnostic logging, looking at event logs and examining IIS logs. Also consider isolating the ActiveSync traffic to a single node if you are able to to make troubleshooting easier.

Steve

Steve Goodman
    Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

• Proposed as answer by Terence Yu Friday, February 10, 2012 6:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Terence Yu Friday, February 17, 2012 9:04 AM
    Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

ActiveSync is used by mobile devices in order to get snchronized with the Exchange Server. What devices have got errors in using ActiveSync with Exchange 2010? The other thing is that Exchange Server itsself have got the functionality to administer mobile devices. have you thought about migrating the administration of mobile devices to Exchange server?

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com

• Edited by Peddy1st Thursday, February 09, 2012 9:59 PM
    Thursday, February 09, 2012 9:58 PM
  • Hiya,

SP2 should not affect ActiveSync, but it might be worth checking for settings you have changed manually in IIS, such as to enable SSL offloading or authentication methods.

If it is sporadic errors, try getting users affected to enable device logging in the ECP/Options pages on the tab for mobile devices. Once retrieved this may provide some insight, in combination with increasing diagnostic logging, looking at event logs and examining IIS logs. Also consider isolating the ActiveSync traffic to a single node if you are able to to make troubleshooting easier.

Steve

Steve Goodman
    Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

• Proposed as answer by Terence Yu Friday, February 10, 2012 6:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Terence Yu Friday, February 17, 2012 9:04 AM
    Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:43 PM