none
Inconsitent results whilst using LocalGPO.wsf

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to setup a methodology to deploy localgroup policies to servers that may not be on the domain. Currently I am working with Server 2012 that has not been added to the domain..  Also the machine has not been modified much from the base install.

I have tried creating a base policy in SCM 3.0 and deploying it which seems to work until I reboot and then do a compare which gives me a lot of differences..

I have also tried making chnages to the machine via gpedit and then doing a export.  After the VM has been reset I apply the policy and then reboot and compare and I am getting differences again.

I am not sure what to do at this point as I need to have somthing with consistent and that I am not worried about settings not being applied..

Also has anyone figured out a better way to display the compare data suchas and html document or a message box when differences are found.  I find that the arrow system could confuse some..

Thanks in advance

Erica

• Edited by Erica Diaz Friday, May 03, 2013 7:10 PM
    Friday, May 03, 2013 7:09 PM

All replies

• I exported the various LPO settings using the WSF as seperate exports and then imported them into Security Compliance Manager v3 and did a compare. That gave me Differences, Matches, Only in A & Only in B. The Export to Excel is handy for later review....
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 4:53 PM