none
Looking for accurate North American Map for SSRS

Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a report with bubbled North American map which shows the rate of accidents happened on highways. However

The original maps in ssrs are only American maps, and shapefiles I find from random websites are not accurate enough. Is

there a source  I can find some professional maps even though it requires to purchase?

thanks,

MING

Thursday, September 04, 2014 12:49 PM

Answers

• SSRS integrates with BING.

Create a new map object. Select SQL Server Spatial Query, Choose your Dataset, Select the column containing the geographic co-ordinates (which can be easily converted using SQL Servers spatial functions) and at the bottom of this window, select Add a Bing Maps layer.

And there you have it. Your points mapped to anywhere in the world.

Depending on the data you have, you can convert it to spatial data by using Geography:Point(lat,long,4326) (4326 is rather arbitrary as it is the standard used world wide for mapping).

I have used this technique to do all sorts of geolocation data reporting.

Thursday, September 04, 2014 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Ming,

Did you try Microsoft MapPoint?

Thanks.

Remember to mark as an answer if this post has helped you.

Thursday, September 04, 2014 1:37 PM
  • SSRS integrates with BING.

Create a new map object. Select SQL Server Spatial Query, Choose your Dataset, Select the column containing the geographic co-ordinates (which can be easily converted using SQL Servers spatial functions) and at the bottom of this window, select Add a Bing Maps layer.

And there you have it. Your points mapped to anywhere in the world.

Depending on the data you have, you can convert it to spatial data by using Geography:Point(lat,long,4326) (4326 is rather arbitrary as it is the standard used world wide for mapping).

I have used this technique to do all sorts of geolocation data reporting.

Thursday, September 04, 2014 2:18 PM