none
Get individual disk IOPS for collected performance data

Question

• I'm attempting to do some disk performance collection utilizing MAPs and I would like to see the IOPs values broken out to each disk in a server instead of an overall value for the object.

Any way to extract this information?

Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:20 AM

All replies

• MAP collects these performance counters for IOPS, so it isn't recording the values per disk.

• PhysicalDisk > Disk Transfers/sec > _Total
    • PhysicalDisk > Disk Reads/sec > _Total
    • PhysicalDisk > Disk Writes/sec > _Total<//span>

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:46 PM
  • MAP collects these performance counters for IOPS, so it isn't recording the values per disk.

• PhysicalDisk > Disk Transfers/sec > _Total
    • PhysicalDisk > Disk Reads/sec > _Total
    • PhysicalDisk > Disk Writes/sec > _Total<//span>

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Mike, I used to be able to do a custom SQL query to get this information in version 5.5 and 6. Are you sure it doesn't collect on each disk?

This would be a very big need in my mind, especially when using MAPS to plan for disk design/planning

• Edited by RichL_PLA Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:50 PM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:49 PM
  • Previous versions of MAP did collect a lot of data that wasn't used or surfaced, and for a while that was ok, but as the tool grew in functionality, so did the complexity and data store requirements. In MAP 7 we limited what data we collect and store to only the data we needed for the performance assessment in order to reduce the database growth size and lighten the burden on SQL to assess all that data. This trimming will continue as we slowly cut the fat as it were, and only store the data we need to perform the assessments.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:12 PM