none
Deploy two partitions (OS partition and regular ntfs partition) in on mdt 2013 task (mtd 2013 dont import the informatiion of two images on wim)

Question

• I'm trying to deploy two images (stored in single wim file) (where there is a partition of the operating system and the other is a common Ntfs partition with some files). 

But when importing the MDT 2013 is not listing the index of the second partition just the OS partition. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

it is possible to deploy two partitions on just one task in mdt?
    Friday, May 09, 2014 11:35 PM

Answers

• I should take the opportunity to insert my standard disclaimer: I do not recommend repartitioning your disk into multiple large partitions, like having a drive D: ( Adding *HIDDEN* Recovery partition, Bitlocker partition, and/or uEFI partitions not included). I *know* people have been doing this for ages, and some people think this is the coolest thing, still, I never recommend it.

There is nothing built in to MDT that installs files from "other" WIM "Partitions"

And in fact, there is no benefit to adding the files into a single WIM file.

Just add a custom step into the "State Restore" in MDT to create a partition (if necessary), and extract the files with an ImageX.exe or DISM.exe command.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Monday, May 12, 2014 10:30 PM