none
SCOM12 WebApp Transaction Monitoring - Authentication Disappears when Sealed

Question

• I'm working on building a Distributed Application for a few websites.  After building the transaction monitors for each website I exported and sealed them for use in the Distributed Application, but noticed a problem when I imported them.  As I was watching them come up, they all began to error out due to a credentials issue.  When I checked each Transaction Monitor for credential validity, NTLM was still selected, but the account I had selected for it to use was clear.  This box was filled in prior to the export.

Why am I losing credentials whenever I export my management pack?

EDIT:

I want to add that the RunAs Account is configured to be distributed only to the Watcher Server.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:41 PM

All replies

• Only runas profiles can be defined in a management pack.  You still need to create the runas account in the new management group and assign it to the profile you specified in the management pack.

Rob Kuehfus | Infront Consulting Group

Friday, July 26, 2013 7:12 PM
  • There's no new management group.  I export them, seal them, and import back into the same server.  The only thing that changes in this process is the extension of the file (.xml --> .mp)..
    Friday, July 26, 2013 7:13 PM
  • the process of exporting and sealing a management pack would remove the profile reference to the runas account.  

unsealed with Runas Profile and Runas Account

Export only would take the Runas Profile that is specified in the MP

Seal

Import - overwrite what is there with empty profile, you need to add the runas account back to the profile

Rob Kuehfus | Infront Consulting Group

Friday, July 26, 2013 7:35 PM
  • That all makes sense, but I can't edit the monitor once I've sealed and imported it.
    Friday, July 26, 2013 7:39 PM
  • Hi,

Sealed MP could not be edited. For more details, please refer to:

What Is in an Operations Manager Management Pack?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh212794.aspx

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 1:39 PM