none
Security Group / Send As permisions

Question

• Morning all, I have been presented with a problem where someone I'm supporting wants to use a security group to apply Send As permissions against a particular mailbox

Send As works when you nest a user outside the security group and apply permissions individually, just not when they use the group

The Security Group being used is NOT mail enabled

They want it so the Security Group sits on the mailbox and anyone added to it gets Send As permissions

Can anyone confirm setting up in this manner is possible? I'm starting to think it needs to be mail enabled for a start?

Many thanks

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:11 AM

Answers

• Can anyone confirm setting up in this manner is possible? I'm starting to think it needs to be mail enabled for a start

Many thanks

No need to mailenable these groups for this to work.
    I often use Universal Security Groups for Send-As permissions and it works just fine. Only seen "problems" with tusing groups when users hasn't logged off/logged back on after they have been added as a member and they need to for the new permission to work. (=Updated Kerberos Ticket)

Martina Miskovic

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try the following cmdlet:

Add-ADPermission "mailbox" -ExtendedRights send-as -User "Security Group" -AccessRights extendedright |fl

Regards from ExchangeOnline.in|Windows Administrator Area

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:42 AM
  • Can anyone confirm setting up in this manner is possible? I'm starting to think it needs to be mail enabled for a start

Many thanks

No need to mailenable these groups for this to work.
    I often use Universal Security Groups for Send-As permissions and it works just fine. Only seen "problems" with tusing groups when users hasn't logged off/logged back on after they have been added as a member and they need to for the new permission to work. (=Updated Kerberos Ticket)

Martina Miskovic

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:13 AM