none
Data not showing in Entity Explorer after import

    Question

  • I have taken over an entity created by someone else. The Explorer shows no records in this entity. When I tried to import records from the stg.entity_leaf table (yes, I got them that far) with the sp_udp_entity, it reported "completed successfully" in SSMS. However, the records are still not showing in the Explorer. When I look at the MDS database, I see that the records did make it into a mdm.tablename table. I see that there are three copies of that entity's staging table in the stg schema. They are named differently with a _1 and a _2 suffix. I'm not sure if that's creating a problem. Any ideas for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!
    Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:04 PM

Answers

  • Thanks, AnupKumar, for your response.

    There is no specific security applied to this table as far as I know. Another user created the entity through the Excel Add-In if I remember correctly.

    We have the same permissions in the app because we are both members of the admin Windows group. We both have access to the model and have update permission on the model.

    As for your second question, it's not that any columns are different. It's that there are different staging tables for the entity, i.e., stg_Entity, stg_Entity_1, stg_Entity_2.

    By the way, I worked around this issue by:

    1) purging the records from the entity in the mdm schema through staging with an ImportType_ID = 4 and running the stored procedure to do the import into the mdm table.

    2) deleting the Entity from the Model and deleting the staging tables

    3) creating a new Entity in the Model and a new staging table

    4) importing into the staging table with an ImportType_ID = 1

    5) executing the import stored procedure

    6) the members now show in the Entity in the Explorer

    Monday, October 07, 2013 8:38 PM

All replies

  • Couple of questions-

    1. Do you have any security applied?

    2.Do you mind sharing the screenshot of the table where data is imported , showing the different column.

    Monday, October 07, 2013 12:10 PM
  • Thanks, AnupKumar, for your response.

    There is no specific security applied to this table as far as I know. Another user created the entity through the Excel Add-In if I remember correctly.

    We have the same permissions in the app because we are both members of the admin Windows group. We both have access to the model and have update permission on the model.

    As for your second question, it's not that any columns are different. It's that there are different staging tables for the entity, i.e., stg_Entity, stg_Entity_1, stg_Entity_2.

    By the way, I worked around this issue by:

    1) purging the records from the entity in the mdm schema through staging with an ImportType_ID = 4 and running the stored procedure to do the import into the mdm table.

    2) deleting the Entity from the Model and deleting the staging tables

    3) creating a new Entity in the Model and a new staging table

    4) importing into the staging table with an ImportType_ID = 1

    5) executing the import stored procedure

    6) the members now show in the Entity in the Explorer

    Monday, October 07, 2013 8:38 PM