none
Computer Migration problem

Question

• Hi

I am having some problems with migrating my computer accounts from the 2000 box to the 2003 box.

I am using Active Directory Migration Tool 3. If I go though the wizard and migrate the computer, one the wizard has finished and close is clicked, a new dialogue box then appears titled “Active Directory Migration Tool Agent Dialog” with this error:

ERR2:7666 Unable to access server service on the machine 'computername/domain.local'.  Make sure netlogon and workstation services are running and you can authenticate yourself to the machine.  hr=0x80070005. Access is denied.

I have check and both the services are running… any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

James Holder

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:46 PM

All replies

• The correct forum for this question is actually:

http://forums.technet.microsoft.com/en-US/winserverMigration/threads/

That said, the Access Denied error points to a rights issue.  Is the account you are running ADMT with correctly granted administrative rights to that workstation?  I'd verify that the Domain Admins group is a member of the workstation's local Administrators group, if that is how you delegated access to the ADMT account.  Also check for any firewall software (MS or third-party).

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 4:21 PM
  • Thanks that worked a treat.

The Active Directory Migration tool agent deploys and passes its pre-checks and the agent operation completes but with the following error:

ERR3:7075 Failed to change domain affiliation, hr=8007054b. The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Again, any help would be much appriciated.

Kind regards

James Holder

Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:38 AM