none
Clients Pulling Packages/Applications & OSD From HQ Distribution Point and Not Distribution Point Local to the Client.

Question

• I have 6 Site Systems configured that have the Distribution Point Role on them.  These 6 systems reside at locations other than the Main HQ. For the most part clients pull from these local DP for packages/applications and OSD except 1 site.

I have 1 DP in particular that when we try to perform OSD or push packages to a computer, it pulls everything from the Main HQ site across the WAN and as you can guess takes for ever.  The other 5 all work fine and pull the OSD and packages from the DP in its local office.  All the images and packages it needs have already been distributed to this DP in question.

The main difference that I can tell right now is that 5 that are working have DHCP servers locally.  The 1 that is not working is in a smaller office in a remote area that does not have a DHCP.  It pulls it DHCP from a DHCP server at HQ. 

Is this the reason why the packages/applications/OSD are being pulled across the WAN?  Is there a way to fix this?

Friday, September 20, 2013 12:08 AM

All replies

• The distribution point selection is determined by which boundary group the client's boundary falls within.  Verify that the only content boundary these folks have is in a boundary group pointing at the DP.

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

Friday, September 20, 2013 12:32 AM
  • I agree with NPherson, if your boundary is wrong, maybe you have the wrong IP Range, for instance, pointing at the wrong server. In my experience with SCCM the boundaries are pretty solid.
    Friday, September 20, 2013 2:53 AM
  • I'm looking at my Boundary Group now. I went to Properties> References Tab and looked under Site System Servers.  In the site system servers is my Site system for the site in question as well as the Main site located at HQ.  I checked all the other boundary groups and they all also include the Main Site from HQ listed on Site System Servers. Does this need to be removed.

I also wanted to note that this DP in question is the only that does not have an AD Site like the others do.

I also looked at the IP Range configured and the IP range covers that IP range that is handed out in that office.

• Edited by DMobley232 Friday, September 20, 2013 2:29 PM Added Information
    Friday, September 20, 2013 12:16 PM