none
My infopath is not sending custom message when I click on click on Submit button

Question

• I added a button in The Form to submit.It is working fine.But it is not Showing the Custom message when it is clicked.

But When I click on the Save button on the Top it is Showing Message.

Please Help me.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Cam I kept the Custom message in info path by using the Submit options-> advanced

Hello Sriharsha,

you must mean the message to show on successful submit "show this message if the form is submitted successfully"

to have this message displayed, you have to change the "After submit" option below it, and set it to "Leave the Form Open" which as indicates would keep the form page opened after submitting it.

this way it would display the message, but if left as it is by default "Close the form" then it would simply close the form right after you submit it where it wont display the message.

if you need the form closed after submission, yet you need to display a message or information when its submitted, you can modify the page hosting the form to forward to another page when the form is submitted, where the other page would have the information you need, THIS should do the trick.

Aabed - If a reply helps you Vote As Helpful, if a reply solves your problem don't forget to Mark As Answer.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Sr, how is the custom message designed/how is it supposed to appear? Did you create a submit rule to show the message?

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:49 PM
  • Hi Cam I kept the Custom message in info path by using the Submit options-> advanced

• Edited by Sriharsha d Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:55 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:20 AM
  • Hi Sriharsha,

Is that possible for you to elaborate bit more with steps, and logic of what you are trying to accomplish.

MCITP: SharePoint 2010 Administrator
    MCTS - MOSS 2007 Configuring, .NET 2.0
    | SharePoint Architect | Evangelist |
    http://www.sharepointdeveloper.in/
    http://ramakrishnaraja.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:55 AM

Hello Sriharsha,

you must mean the message to show on successful submit "show this message if the form is submitted successfully"

to have this message displayed, you have to change the "After submit" option below it, and set it to "Leave the Form Open" which as indicates would keep the form page opened after submitting it.

this way it would display the message, but if left as it is by default "Close the form" then it would simply close the form right after you submit it where it wont display the message.

if you need the form closed after submission, yet you need to display a message or information when its submitted, you can modify the page hosting the form to forward to another page when the form is submitted, where the other page would have the information you need, THIS should do the trick.

Aabed - If a reply helps you Vote As Helpful, if a reply solves your problem don't forget to Mark As Answer.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:05 AM