none
Windows Server 2012 Restarted Unexpectedly with event id 55

Question

• Hi,

I am using windows server 2012  and installed the file server role,which acts as a file server met with an unexpected reboot.When i checked through the alert in Event viewer it triggered Event id: 55

Please find the below event details  for your reference.

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
    Date:          11-Mar-14 10:19:43 AM
    Event ID:      55 Task Category: (47)
    Level:         Information
    Keywords:      

User:          SYSTEM
    Computer:      CORPFS.cri.com
    Description: Processor 5 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities
    Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (1 state(s))
    Performance state type: Platform Clocking Control
    Nominal Frequency (MHz): 2266
    Maximum performance percentage: 100
    Minimum performance percentage: 52
    Minimum throttle percentage: 6

Kindly waiting for the solution ASAP

Regards,

Siva

• Edited by Siva89 Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:20 AM
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:20 AM

Answers

• "Kindly waiting for the solution ASAP"  Forums are not designed for support for issues that need resolution ASAP.  If you need a solution quickly, you should contact your support organization, which may or may not be Microsoft.

The event you posted is just an information message, not a critical message.  That message doesn't provide any information about what happened.  Can you find any critical errors at or shortly before the time of the reboot? 

.:|:.:|:. tim

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Hi Siva,

Any update? Did you refer to Tim’s suggestion and find any critical error? If any details you can find, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Just additional. I suggest you should pay attention to CPU and RAM. Such as CPU temperature, check the CPU temperature when at idle, under workload and so on. Please monitor and check if encounter the same issue.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Friday, March 14, 2014 5:59 AM

All replies

• "Kindly waiting for the solution ASAP"  Forums are not designed for support for issues that need resolution ASAP.  If you need a solution quickly, you should contact your support organization, which may or may not be Microsoft.

The event you posted is just an information message, not a critical message.  That message doesn't provide any information about what happened.  Can you find any critical errors at or shortly before the time of the reboot? 

.:|:.:|:. tim

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Hi Siva,

Any update? Did you refer to Tim’s suggestion and find any critical error? If any details you can find, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Just additional. I suggest you should pay attention to CPU and RAM. Such as CPU temperature, check the CPU temperature when at idle, under workload and so on. Please monitor and check if encounter the same issue.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Friday, March 14, 2014 5:59 AM