none
Error with search and activating Features with new web application Sharepoint 2013

Question

• Hi All,
         I have got some web application and the search works well and good for those web applications.its a Sharepoint 2013
    The web application has been added to the content source "Local SharePoint sites"
    I created another new web application and i can't get to search.Anytime I do a search i get the error in the ULS log

The start address "" cannot be crawled.  Context: Application'Search_Service_Application',

when i go to the site and do  search i get error and also when i try to activate ay feature:

An error occurred while processing the request on the server. Thestatus code returned from the server was: 0

Any ideas what to check and what to test?

Thanks in Advance
    Monday, November 25, 2013 6:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

Can you check whether the saerch account has read permission to the newly created webapplication. Also may be worth creating a new content source and try crawling separately.

Regards  Roy Joyson
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem.

Roy Joyson

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:15 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

In addition to that search account needs read permission on newly created web application, please also check if you have created a "Root site collection" (e.g. http://serverName:portNumber) in new web application.

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:36 AM
  • Thanks guys will dig into it again
    Friday, December 06, 2013 1:36 AM