none
Cannot use Area field from both tables

Question

• Hello,

I created relationship on Area field between two tables (1 to many), however, I am unable to use Area field from table with the "many" relationship.  Is there a workaround?  

All my other fields are coming from this table, so I don't have to expose Area field from another table.  Hope this makes sense.

Your help is much appreciated!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I created relationship on Area field between two tables (1 to many), however, I am unable to use Area field from table with the "many" relationship.  Is there a workaround?  

All my other fields exposed are coming from this table, so I don't have to expose Area field from another table.  Hope this makes sense.

Your help is much appreciated!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:44 PM
  • When you say that you can't use it what exactly are you trying to do with this field?

Are you trying to use it as a slicer or on rows/columns etc.

Are you building a Pivot table or a Power View report?

The field should be in the field and you shod be able to drag it to your Pivot or to the Power View canvas, can you?

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:53 PM
  • I'm trying to use Area field from the "many" table, but currently it is giving me "repeated" values, so PowerPivot is not utilizing the relationship I already built.  I want to use as both Column/Row & Slicer.

This is PowerPivot that I am referring to.

• Edited by LAWSQL Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:39 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:22 PM
  • Hello,

For me this work, I can select all columns from all table with a 1:n relationship. Example with Order / OrderDetails:

And in PivotTable field list, I can select all columns from both tables:

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, August 30, 2013 11:41 AM