none
New EdgeSubscription with existing HT send connectors ...

Question

• Hello, We need help from the experts.

The upcoming installation / inclusion of an Edge-Transport-Server brings us to the the following question(s):

What happens when we add / import a new EdgeSubscription to our existing Exchange environment with the existing HT Send connectors?? Does an EdgeSubscription also works with costs??? And will does costs considered by the message flow????

Currently, all e-mails are dealt by Send connectors [Primary and Secondary] to two postfix servers in the DMZ.

Our mind is, when we import the .xml file with the assistant, immediately all the e-mails would like to send through and received over the new Edge-Transport-Server.

We would be grateful a thousand times if you can answer our questions.

Kind Regards, Stefan

Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:31 AM

Answers

• Hello,

As far as I know, when you have send connector on the hub server, after you do the EdgeSubscription, it still will work with cost.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 15, 2012 10:05 AM
  • Hello Evan,

Many thanks for your answer.

We will configure the EdgeSubscription on the next maintenance window. Let's wait and see what will happen. I will write down our experience here.

Kind Regards, Stefan

Update:

Hello Evan,

Wellit does havetaken longerthan expected. On the TechNet page, I've found the answer to my question. You can add Parameter within the import cmdlet:

New-EdgeSubscription

• [-CreateInboundSendConnector <$true | $false>]
    • [-CreateInternetSendConnector <$true | $false>]

Source:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123800.aspx

Itworked perfectly :-)

Kind Regards, Stefan

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hello,

As far as I know, when you have send connector on the hub server, after you do the EdgeSubscription, it still will work with cost.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 15, 2012 10:05 AM
  • Hello Evan,

Many thanks for your answer.

We will configure the EdgeSubscription on the next maintenance window. Let's wait and see what will happen. I will write down our experience here.

Kind Regards, Stefan

Update:

Hello Evan,

Wellit does havetaken longerthan expected. On the TechNet page, I've found the answer to my question. You can add Parameter within the import cmdlet:

New-EdgeSubscription

• [-CreateInboundSendConnector <$true | $false>]
    • [-CreateInternetSendConnector <$true | $false>]

Source:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123800.aspx

Itworked perfectly :-)

Kind Regards, Stefan

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:26 AM