none
how to install sharepoint server on premises trail on my PC?

Question

• Hello all

I want to install sharepoint server in order to evaluate and testing.

where to start? 

10x

ronenbi@education.gov.il

Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:12 AM

Answers

• You can install SharePoint 2010 on a Windows 7 machine by following this process:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee554869(v=office.14).aspx

If you have windows 8 then it can't be done, you'd need to use a Virtual Machine instead. If you want to use SharePoint server 2013 then it might be possible on Windows 7 but is not supported at this time on any systems other than Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012.

For initial testing and evaluation you could look at SharePoint online in Office 365. They do free trials and have the system set up to provide you a nearly fully featured experience. 2013 is very similar to the online version.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:47 AM
  • SharePoint 2010 can be installed on Windows 8.  I have it running on the SP1 preview version.  There are guides on the net, just nothing Microsoft official that I've seen, but it does work.
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:35 PM

All replies

• You can install SharePoint 2010 on a Windows 7 machine by following this process:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee554869(v=office.14).aspx

If you have windows 8 then it can't be done, you'd need to use a Virtual Machine instead. If you want to use SharePoint server 2013 then it might be possible on Windows 7 but is not supported at this time on any systems other than Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012.

For initial testing and evaluation you could look at SharePoint online in Office 365. They do free trials and have the system set up to provide you a nearly fully featured experience. 2013 is very similar to the online version.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:47 AM
  • SharePoint 2010 can be installed on Windows 8.  I have it running on the SP1 preview version.  There are guides on the net, just nothing Microsoft official that I've seen, but it does work.
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:35 PM