none
Backup & restore of data like organization chart

Question

• Hi dear friends

I have a database that every username should Enter some information in system & his (Admin,Admin User )then his (Admin) should give those Update Information to his (Users).

Now, I have some Problems to solve this & need your help

1. This program offline & there are no network!
    2. The (Users) shouldn’t have all database & they have just information about themselves

This like organization chart that each user can just access to his information.

I want to know, how can I do backup & restore this information? In which way?

Do you Know any software that can Restore?

Backup this information the best possible way?

link of image for this message

http://www.upload7.ir/images/73305831306580775939.jpg

• Edited by Mehdin69 Sunday, December 08, 2013 1:38 PM
    • Moved by Bob BeaucheminMVP Monday, December 09, 2013 12:08 AM Moved to a more appropriate forum
    Sunday, December 08, 2013 1:37 PM

Answers

• I don't think this is the right forum for your question but I don't fully understand exactly what you are asking.

As I understand it, you have an organizational hierarchy distributed database managed by an application.  Each database copy has identical schema.  The Admin user has the complete database, Admin Users are given a subset with data for their Users and normal Users will have only their personal data.  The databases are disconnected from the network and maintained independently.

Is your goal to have the Admin provide each Admin User with a database containing their appropriate subset and then have the Admin Users provide normal Users with their personal subset?  Will the database completely replace the existing one or does existing data need to be merged?  Will Admin Users/Users provide their updated database back to Admin/Admin Users and will that replace existing data or be merged?

You could use SQL Server backup/restore or detach/attach as part of a solution.  For example, the Admin user (perhaps via the application) could create a staging database for each Admin User and populate it using queries that select only the appropriate data.  Each Admin User database can then be backed up or detached and given to the Admin users for restore or attach.  Same approach for the Admin User and User databases.

Dan Guzman, SQL Server MVP, http://www.dbdelta.com

Sunday, December 08, 2013 3:26 PM