none
PowerPivot Field List empty

Question

• Hello

I am facing a problem with the PowerPivot Field list which does not show up any longer in one of my workbooks. The concerned workbook has 10 tables with each 70.080 records, one linked table with about 23.000 records. For all these tables a relationship has been created with a dimension table Date Time. Now when I try to create a PivotTable, the PowerPivot field list shows up but is empty. Whilst when I activate PivotTable field list all tables/dimensions and measures are visible.

With the PivotTable field list it is still possible to drag and drop the fields in the PivotTable but it is no longer possible to create measures.

The workbook has been created with Excel 2010 and PowerPivot 10.50.1747.0. Other workbooks with PowerPivotTables are still working fine. What can be reason the fields no longer show up and can it be repaired?

Eddy N.
    Monday, May 30, 2011 7:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Some additional info. The PC on which the problem occurs has a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz and 2.99 GB of RAM. It looks like the control with fields does not get redrawn because the fields are present but not visible because dragging and dropping fields in the report is possible except you do not see which field is being dropped until you release it.

Other workbooks can opened at the same time without having problems with the containing PowerPivots.

The problem report is working fine on a CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Q740 @ 1.73GHz and 8.00 GB of RAM. 

Eddy N.
    Monday, May 30, 2011 8:18 AM
  • Has anyone discovered the root cause of this issue, i have a user that is experiencing the same problem.
    • Proposed as answer by BarbaraRaney Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:16 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by BarbaraRaney Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:16 PM
    Tuesday, February 07, 2012 3:58 PM
  • While the file in question is open, de-activate the PowerPivot add-in (file > Add-In > Com Add-Ins > de-select PowerPivot for Excel 2010).

Then go back and re-activate the add-in using the same steps.

I have a file which was experiencing this issue on both a 32 and 64-bit Office, and it worked both times.

Good Luck!

Thanks, Barbara

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:18 PM
  • Also, you can check out my challenges with the same symptoms that turned out to be caused by a duplicate Measure Display name

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel/thread/6cfd40cf-5c96-4ff8-a09d-52cc8fdd3625

BradO http://bradosterloo.wordpress.com/

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:04 PM
  • Perfect.  Thank you so much. 
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:16 PM
  • i thank u for what your doing i bought this reconditioned about three years ago for my son, i had just pulled it out of storage to try and have it for free intertainment for him and i, Im a single father on a budget and can not afford things like cable or internet hook ups, i have friends who have it as well, and id like to solv the problem, thier were three peoples files on it and i was told i could erase them and start all over, but still had all  kinds of things of other people pop up on media player then my laptop freezez and shut down till all the corruption

Friday, January 03, 2014 3:48 PM
  • i am new to the internet world, i used to have my son look things up for me,i would like to be in thenow like the rest of the world
    Friday, January 03, 2014 3:50 PM
  • ok lol what does that mean, sorry i cant find question maek on my keyboard yet
    Friday, January 03, 2014 3:53 PM
  • ? found i
    Friday, January 03, 2014 3:54 PM
  • wow you guys all work togeather like that. its awsome i can the effort  !! thanks alot for your help brad and the rest of your team<
    Friday, January 03, 2014 4:01 PM