none
windows 8 and office 10

Question

• I installed windows 8 and office 10 worked until I rebooted computer and now it does not said needed to be repaired to go to control panel when I did that was no option to repair just remove. So I removed it and re-downloaded it. When try to install get error message when run capability test says not capadiable. What can I do?

Thanks

• Moved by Nicholas Li Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:36 AM (From:Windows 8 Pre-release)
    Friday, November 23, 2012 7:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'd suggest you to read the stick post How to ask a question efficiently in TechNet forum, so you may provide more detail information, and then we can provide better help.

For example, which exact version of Office are you installed? Where did you re-download it?

And what is the exact error message did you got?

-

Also, please check the Programs and Features from Control Panel, make sure all the previous installed Office components have been removed. Remove anything remain if you find them. Then run the Fix it tool from the following support article to ensure the remove is completed.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After that, reboot your computer and run the setup again.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:22 AM

All replies

• Do you mean Office 2010 or Office XP which has file version 10. Win8 only support Office 2010 and 2013, but not this old version.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Friday, November 23, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Hi,

I'd suggest you to read the stick post How to ask a question efficiently in TechNet forum, so you may provide more detail information, and then we can provide better help.

For example, which exact version of Office are you installed? Where did you re-download it?

And what is the exact error message did you got?

-

Also, please check the Programs and Features from Control Panel, make sure all the previous installed Office components have been removed. Remove anything remain if you find them. Then run the Fix it tool from the following support article to ensure the remove is completed.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After that, reboot your computer and run the setup again.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:22 AM