TimeZoneName=Central Europe Standard Time
    SkipUserData=YES
    UserDataLocation=NONE
    SLShare=\\server\deploymentshare$\logs
    _SMSTSOrgName=company
    HIDESHELL=YES
    MandatoryApplications001={XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}
    MandatoryApplications002={XXXXXXXXXXXXX}

I also have a selection profile which is named "HP ProBook 6360b" which points to path "Out-of-Box Drivers\HP ProBook 6360b"

Under out-of-box drivers i have a folder named "HP ProBook 6360b" with all drivers for the laptop in it. I also check with powershell what the exakt model string is, its "HP ProBook 6360b".

This should in my mind be enough for the deployment to automatically inject the correct drivers when i run my mdt installation.

What happens is that it does set the resolution to 1366 768 as i want it to. and it sets the task sequence property Driverselectionprofile to "HP ProBook 6360b"(i checked in variables.dat during deployment)

But the drivers does not install!

I disabled the inject driver step that is in the preinstall sequence under the enable bitlocker step and over the apply patches step. since i dont want to inject all drivers. If this step is enabled, the drivers install. but that must also mean that all drivers will be installed since you choose a selection profile in the task sequence step, right? I also still have the inject drivers step enabled in the post install that is a commandline with the code "cscript.exe "%SCRIPTROOT%\ZTIdrivers.wsf""

The reason i dont want to install all drivers is because i will be booting alot of diffrent laptops. I only want to install the drivers in the selection profile "HP ProBook 6360b" in this laptops case. How do i troubleshoot this issue? 

Friday, February 01, 2013 3:18 PM

Answers

• You need your Inject Drivers step to be enabled during the Preinstall phase. That is why no drivers are getting installed. 

So I would do this:

1. Enable Inject Drivers in the preinstall phase

2. Change the 'Choose a selection profile' to 'Nothing'

3. Set 'Install all drivers from the selection profile'

Only the drivers you have explicitly set in the model folder will get installed.

You can find information on this in the MDT documentation under:

From the deployment workbench

Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit->Configuring MDT Deployments->Managing Device Drivers->Configure Task Sequences to Deploy Drivers in Selectoin Profiles in LTI Deployments

Friday, February 01, 2013 5:09 PM

All replies

• You need your Inject Drivers step to be enabled during the Preinstall phase. That is why no drivers are getting installed. 

So I would do this:

1. Enable Inject Drivers in the preinstall phase

2. Change the 'Choose a selection profile' to 'Nothing'

3. Set 'Install all drivers from the selection profile'

Only the drivers you have explicitly set in the model folder will get installed.

You can find information on this in the MDT documentation under:

From the deployment workbench

Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit->Configuring MDT Deployments->Managing Device Drivers->Configure Task Sequences to Deploy Drivers in Selectoin Profiles in LTI Deployments

Friday, February 01, 2013 5:09 PM
  • Another option would be what is described at http://www.deployvista.com/Home/tabid/36/EntryID/132/language/sv-SE/Default.aspx .

I've used Scenario #3 (Total Control) for my deployments for a number of years and it works just fine.

-Nick O.

Friday, February 01, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Another option would be what is described at http://www.deployvista.com/Home/tabid/36/EntryID/132/language/sv-SE/Default.aspx .

I've used Scenario #3 (Total Control) for my deployments for a number of years and it works just fine.

-Nick O.

The question was about doing a total control type of driver deployment.  The MDT documentation is doing total control using selection profiles.
    Friday, February 01, 2013 9:48 PM
  • All help appreciated! will read it and see if i find something good ;)
    Monday, February 04, 2013 7:46 AM