none
The application for project ...".rptproj" is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type (.rptproj) is installed.

Question

• I have a VB.net web application (.Net 1.14) with a reporting service project developed in RS 2005. The current SQL version is “Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4285.00 (X64) Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2).

Trying to open the application from the VSS in VS 2003 is giving me the error “The application for project ...".rptproj" is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type (.rptproj) is installed.” only for the report project but able to open other project within the solution.

Opening other asp.net 2.0 applications solutions in VS 2005 having similar RS 2005 report project is working fine.

Any help on this issue please?

Thank you in advance.

ephi
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Ephi,

Thanks for your post.

In order to resolve this issue, I want to confirm with you that: is this issue related to TFS? If so, what’s the version of your TFS?

If this issue isn’t related to TFS, please tell us which technical it relate to, we will provide you the correct forum address.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:37 AM
  • Hi Jhon,

It is not related to TFS - sorry. Would you mind providing me the correct forum please?

Thank you.

Ephi
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:47 PM
  • Hi Ephi,

Thanks for your reply.

You need to tell us that this issue is related to which detailed technologies first.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 15, 2011 2:37 AM