none
Maintenance Plan not working

Question

• Hi,

We have bought Microsoft SQL Version

Version
    Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM) - 10.50.1600.1 (X64)   Apr  2 2010 15:48:46   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Data Center Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.0 <X64> (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)

Question1:

When I right click and select "New Maintenance plan" then it says "You must have a license to use this ActiveX control. (System.Windows.Forms)"

Question2:

Can we use the RTM version for our company live environment? What are the limitations of RTM?

We will really appreciate your prompt response.

Thank

Friday, December 20, 2013 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Version
    Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM) - 10.50.1600.1 (X64)   Apr  2 2010 15:48:46   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Data Center Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.0 <X64> (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)

Question1:

When I right click and select "New Maintenance plan" then it says "You must have a license to use this ActiveX control. (System.Windows.Forms)"

Question2:

Can we use the RTM version for our company live environment? What are the limitations of RTM?

Thank

Hello,

You can use RTM version when product is launched recently but after SP is launched and then after 1 year support form RTM is not provided by Microsoft.Now for SQL server 2008 R2 SP2 has been released long back so your system ,being on RTM,is highly vulnerable .Please apply SP2 ASAP.

Service packs are cumulative and SP2 will contain all hotfix for error or anomalies that Microsoft detected after launching RTM version of SQL server 2008 r2 .

For 'License to use Active X question please refer to below link'

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/861063c6-c8ee-4c7c-ad68-70d6d45b9e5e/you-must-have-a-license-to-use-this-activex-control

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Saturday, December 21, 2013 7:15 AM
  • Do you get a stack which can point to component which is failing. Some more information about the error.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318597

Balmukund Lakhani | Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other users find a solution quicker
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog | Team Blog | @Twitter
    Author: SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn - Paperback, Kindle

Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:39 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you have Visual Studio installed on the same computer? Visual Studio may have replaced the msddslm.dll. Rename the DLL with extension “.old” and run a repair of SQL Server.

I would recommend to apply Service Pack 1 to SQL Server 2012, many bugs have been addressed with SP1.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Friday, December 20, 2013 7:24 PM
  • Hi,

Version

Question1:

Question2:

Thank

Hello,

You can use RTM version when product is launched recently but after SP is launched and then after 1 year support form RTM is not provided by Microsoft.Now for SQL server 2008 R2 SP2 has been released long back so your system ,being on RTM,is highly vulnerable .Please apply SP2 ASAP.

Service packs are cumulative and SP2 will contain all hotfix for error or anomalies that Microsoft detected after launching RTM version of SQL server 2008 r2 .

For 'License to use Active X question please refer to below link'

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/861063c6-c8ee-4c7c-ad68-70d6d45b9e5e/you-must-have-a-license-to-use-this-activex-control

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Saturday, December 21, 2013 7:15 AM
  • Do you get a stack which can point to component which is failing. Some more information about the error.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318597

Balmukund Lakhani | Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other users find a solution quicker
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    My Blog | Team Blog | @Twitter
    Author: SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn - Paperback, Kindle

Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:39 AM