none
Unable to connect to a PowerPivot Data Source in SharePoint 2010 via Excel 2010

Question

• I have published a PowerPivot workbook as a .xlsx into a SharePoint 2010 Farm with the intention of using this as a Data Source.

However, when I open Excel 2010, and attempt to make a connection to the Data Source, I am stopped by the following error:

============================
    Error Message:

The following system error occurred:
    ----------------------------
    Failed to connect to the server. Reason: The following system error occurred:

Call Stack:

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.RelationalDataSourceConnection.InitializeConnectionObject(String connectionIdentifier)
    ----------------------------
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.RelationalDataSourceConnection.InitializeConnectionObject(String connectionIdentifier)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.RelationalDataSourceConnection.Open(String& connectionIdentifier)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.RelationalDataSourceConnection.Open()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.DataSourceBasic.TestConnection()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.DataSourceBasic.ClickTestConnection(Object progressControl)

I believe my SQL 2012 PowerPivot set-up is correct, and I have followed all of the steps in this document:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/excel_services__powerpivot_for_sharepoint_support_blog/archive/2013/02/15/powerpivot-workbook-as-a-data-source.aspx

• Kerberos changed to the PowerPivot web.config
    • Installed  (SQL_AS_OLEDB) for SQL 2012 PowerPivot
    • Ensured there are no bindings to the web.config

Both Excel Services and the Claims to Windows token service are running.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Edited by adam5132 Wednesday, November 20, 2013 9:12 PM update
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:21 PM

All replies