none
"Group Policy Client Service Failed the logon - Access Denied" on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, but logon works on 7 32 bit

General discussion

• Hello,

I've been searching for fixes for "Group Policy Client Service Failed the logon - Access Denied" for a while now and tried many of them with no success.  I did find that in my case when a particular user (only one so far) tries to logon a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine he gets the "Access denied" error.  However on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine he can logon with no problems (he can also logon to XP machines, i think they are 32 bit).

I have tried to fix his profile a few different ways.  First I deleted his local profile, and he was able to logon with a temp profile until the computer was restarted, the access denied again.  Then I edited his local machines registry ProfileList, and still error.  Finally I renamed his profile directory on the 2008 r8 server so it a fresh one could be created.  The user then logged on another pc he hadn't logon before, again error.  I can provide more info as to what I actually did if needed.

The problems was discovered when we receive new 64 bit machines.  As I began to deploy them one day the user showed me the error he was getting.  For now I can get him on 32 bit machines, but was curious if there is a way to fix this on the 64 bit machines.

Thanks,

Justus

Thursday, August 01, 2013 8:46 PM

All replies