none
SCMDM ADGP Service Failing

Question

• Hello All

Today all of a sudden the ADGP Service is continiously failing. Event Log shows the following error each time before the service fails.

Faulting application microsoft.mobile.managementservices.common.servicedriverhost.exe, version 1.0.4054.5, stamp 4a55253d, faulting module oleaut32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4202, stamp 4760e931, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000000000003281.

I have installed the hotfix advised in this forum and rebooted the MDM Server with no success.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mdm/archive/2010/01/19/a-hotfix-rollup-package-is-available-for-system-center-mobile-device-manager-2008.aspx

The Best Practice Analyser found that the server is unable to contact the certficate server.

Not able to connect to the "CertSrv" Web site.
    Make sure that IIS 6.0 and Microsoft Certification Authority server are installed and running.
    For more information, see the Planning Guide for System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 Service Pack 1.

I can confirm the certificate server is functioning correctly as I can access this from another server successfully. I can ping the Cert server from the MDM Server.

All the devices seem to be connected and working.

Please advise.

Many Thanks

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:04 PM

Answers

• Problem Solved!

It was a strange one, I ran the hotfix again and this time after the reboot the errors never returned and the service didn't fail.

• Marked as answer by Jun1or Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:44 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:44 PM