none
Screen sharing

Question

• Why we can not add the screen sharing option in SharePoint 2013?  maybe this will be use to connect the internal users(Intranet) in internet...  please get me back with any answers. 

also external mail configuration is available for SharePoint 2013 ?

thanks,

Mani L

Mani L

Sunday, October 20, 2013 10:01 AM

Answers

• Because it'll be counter productive.  SharePoint as a product is about active collaboration not observational.  If you need to share a desktop, there are plenty of paid and free products that do this already.  SharePoint doesn't need too.
    Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:43 PM

All replies

• Please clarify what do you mean by screen sharing.

Tarek Yehia

Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:01 PM
  • do we have option called screen sharing in Lync 2010 and 2013 , I mean desktop screen sharing and take a control , like presenting , viewing others screen and conference and etc.

thanks,

Mani L

Mani L

Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:09 PM
  • Lync 2010 and 2013 have screen Sharing fro Desktop Client:

http://help.em.ucla.edu/app/answers/detail/a_id/1192/~/screen%2Fdesktop-sharing-in-lync

What is relation beteen this and sharepoint you need

Tarek Yehia

Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:15 PM
  • we have a VPN users , some times they cant able to connect our home networks  , at that time we try to reach their through phone and resolve their issues through remote tools (Team viewer , log Mein , etc)  its so difficult , also this will useful to contact external users  via internet .

we have internal and external e-mail configured option in SharePoint sites , so Why we can not enable remote session through SharePoint sites?   is that possible?

Thanks,

Mani L

Mani L

Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:35 PM
  • Hi Mani,

It's not an OOTB feature to SharePoint 2013 and I would imagine it won't ever be, as far as the external access you have configured; that gives the functionality to allow an external user account access into your SharePoint site collection.. that is it, it does not grant access into 'your computer' or anyone for that matter.

You can Share your desktop, documents, whiteboard etc via Microsoft Lync Server 2010/2013 and that is the Microsoft product that will give you the functionality you require.

In summary: SharePoint doesn't do desktop screen sharing, that's what Lync is for.

Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:45 PM
  • SharePoint is not tool to do that. It only have link to integrate through lync Client.

Lync is better solution for your problem but need all users defined in your active directory.

Tarek Yehia

Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:46 PM
  • I Understand and I agreed that all your answers , what my question is why we can not include Lync options in SharePoint sites ?

Mani L

Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Because it'll be counter productive.  SharePoint as a product is about active collaboration not observational.  If you need to share a desktop, there are plenty of paid and free products that do this already.  SharePoint doesn't need too.
    Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:43 PM