none
MAP 8.5 log file location

Question

• Quick question... where are the log files for the MAP toolkit "collect performance data" located?  I am having issues connecting with WMI and all I get is a "failed" message.  There has to be a log somewhere...
    Friday, August 02, 2013 12:41 PM

Answers

• I would start with the Inventory Results report to see what failure types you are getting. You can generate that report by selecting the Environment scenario group and clicking on the Inventory Results tile. Once on the scenario detail page, click on generate report in the upper right. Reports are saved to the %My Documents%/MAP directory which you can open from the view menu in MAP.

The common failure types are listed in this TechNet Wiki article with explanations as to what they usually mean. For failures related to authentication, you can use WBEMTEST, which I've made a video tutorial on, to troubleshoot the connection faster. The instructions are found in this TechNet Wiki article.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:24 PM

All replies

• Try see here C:\Program Files\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin\log

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:25 AM
  • After clicking on "Generate Report", check on your computer's drive in the My Documents/Documents folder>MAP

katab

• Edited by Katab Friday, October 11, 2013 2:21 PM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 2:12 PM
  • I would start with the Inventory Results report to see what failure types you are getting. You can generate that report by selecting the Environment scenario group and clicking on the Inventory Results tile. Once on the scenario detail page, click on generate report in the upper right. Reports are saved to the %My Documents%/MAP directory which you can open from the view menu in MAP.

The common failure types are listed in this TechNet Wiki article with explanations as to what they usually mean. For failures related to authentication, you can use WBEMTEST, which I've made a video tutorial on, to troubleshoot the connection faster. The instructions are found in this TechNet Wiki article.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:24 PM