none
FIM Update 2 stopped-extension-dll-load error on XMA

Question

• Hi,

I upgraded my FIM sync to Update 2 [4.0.3606.2]. After this upgrade my XMA didnt start and giving stopped-extension-dll-load error. this known issue is already mentioned in Update 2 KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2635086, but the solution didn't work

Actually i haven't touched miisservice.exe.config for my XMA as mentioned in the below KB article. so the update 2 installation automatically inserted 

the below lines in miisservice.exe.config

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0.30319"></supportedRuntime>
        <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727"></supportedRuntime>
      </startup>

<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.MetadirectoryServicesEx" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="3.3.0.0" newVersion="4.0.1.0" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="4.0.0.0" newVersion="4.0.1.0" />

so basically i don't need to make any changes on the miisservice.exe.config based on the KB. but not sure my XMA is failing. looks like update 2 has some issues with XMA?

My XMA dll was complied for .Net 3.5, i also tried with 4.0 =. but still getting the error.

Anyone tried Update 2 and is your XMA working fine? 

Please help.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:39 AM

Answers

• Based on PSS advise, i recompiled my XMA with the new Microsoft.MetadirectoyservicesEx.dll and that solved my XMA issue. because my XMA was referencing the older version  interface dll [Microsoft.MetadirectoyservicesEx.dll]
    • Marked as answer by Prakaaz Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:09 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:09 PM

All replies

• So far I've only had one project that used an ECMA (XMA) upgraded to Update 2. I haven't experienced the errors others have, but i stored all the configuration data in the MA parameters section.

I do know of a project where the encrypted parameter bug mentioned on TechNet forums has occured.

I believe we will see more reports of issues as update 2 is more widely adopted.Unless someone needs a fix in the update, I would rather be the one who reads about other people's unhappy experiince, rather than being the one having the experience..

Frank C. Drewes III - Senior Consultant: Oxford Computer Group

Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:20 AM
  • Thanks Frank. Is your ECMA file based or call-based? i have call-based xma and not using parameters. my target info is configured in the XMA extension.

and, i didn't configure anything on the miisservice.exe.config for XMA too [as mentioned in the KB]. i'm going to open a case with MS.

Sunday, March 11, 2012 5:06 PM
  • In my case it was a simple file export. If it's a production issue, I'd definitely get PSS on it. Those guys have saved the day a few times for me.

Monday, March 12, 2012 3:47 AM
  • Based on PSS advise, i recompiled my XMA with the new Microsoft.MetadirectoyservicesEx.dll and that solved my XMA issue. because my XMA was referencing the older version  interface dll [Microsoft.MetadirectoyservicesEx.dll]
    • Marked as answer by Prakaaz Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:09 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:09 PM
  • Thanks for letting us know what the result was. I'm sure someone else will have the same issue in the future..

Was the previous version from an earlier hotfix or the RTM version of the dll?

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:47 PM