none
SBS 2011 - Re-creating lost OWA, RWA sites/directories

Question

• I somehow managed to delete OWA, RWA and Companyweb pages on a small SBS 2011 installation at the local Senior Center.  The primary use for the SBS is Exchange and data storage. SharePoint has not been used.  My background is not in Networking / Server support.

SBS Console Errors:

• Network Connectivity Setup Internet Connect OK but Wizard fails
    • Internet Domain Name-Fix My Network fails
    • Certificate has Unknown Status

BPA Warnings:

• Issue: The acct used as the SP Farm acct is missing one or more group member.
      Issue: The Auth set for the /autodiscover virtual dir'y are not default
      Issue: The Auth set for the /ews virtual directory not default values.
      Issue: The Auth set for the /OAB virtual directory not default values.
      Issue: The Auth settings for the /rpc virtual dir'y are not default values.
      Issue: The Max allowed content len for the /Rpc virtual dir'y not default set's.
      Issue: The Max allowed content len for the /RpcWithCert virtual dir'y not default set's.
      Issue: The SSL settings for the /RPCWithCert virtual dir'y not default set's.
      Issue: There is no binding for SSL on the Default Web Site.
    • EMC/EMC Shell fails with:

Attempt to connect using Kerberos...[X-server.X-domain.local] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM client sent a request to an HTTP server and got a response saying the requested HTTP URL was not available. This is usually returned by a HTTP server that does not support the WS-Management protocol. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

My re-created IIS 7 sites:

Currently there are 3 farms, with only the last active (no user data in farm)

Would uninstalling and re-installing Exchange 2010 recreate the virtual directories?
    I assume that I would not loose Exchange data by re-installing Exchange?
    Would I need to do anything with SQL 2008 databases?

Does OWA work without SharePoint?

Paul M

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:05 PM

Answers

• I would think reinstalling exchange would lose data.  Are these virtual machines?  If so I would export them, and/or, create some snapshots.

If it's not a virtual machine, then run the SBS Backup and backup to an external source.  I wouldn't uninstall/reinstall before completing this step.

As far as fixing the issues, I'm not entirely sure how to reinstall on SBS2011, but this article has some interesting information, and maybe it will help.

http://www.sbsfaq.com/?tag=remote-web-workplace

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:46 PM