none
ODP.Net upgrade: 'The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' threw an exception.'

    Question

  • We have upgraded ODP.Net from 9.2.7 to 11.2.x (2.112.2.0)

    In UAT we didn't encounter any problems, but in Prod when I tried to execute Biztalk application, I get the following error

    Exception : The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' threw an exception.

    at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection..ctor(String connectionString)

    Appreciate any inputs on it! Thanks!

     

    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:38 PM

Answers

  •  

    Biztalk version is 2006R2

    Exception : The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' threw an exception.

    at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection..ctor(String connectionString)

    at KGS.lVA.Core.OraDBObject..ctor(String newConnectionString)

    at KGS.lVA.Data.Supplier..ctor(String newConnectionString, String addressTypes)

    at KGS.lVA.Business.Supplier.GeteVASupplierData(String clientId, String clientName, String reqUniqueName, String orderUniqueName, String supplierUniqueId, String supplierId, String supplierName)

    at KGS.lVA.BizTalk.KGSIntegrationUtils.BannerIntegrationOut.ProcessMessage(String strDocument)

    • Marked as answer by Annee797 Monday, March 21, 2011 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 6:53 PM

All replies

  • Which version of BizTalk are you using? If 2010, I think only version 11.1.0.7 works.

    The error message seems rather short, where's the rest of it? Does it mention something about not finding the DataAccess assembly?


    Matthew.
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 5:07 PM
  •  

    Biztalk version is 2006R2

    Exception : The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' threw an exception.

    at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection..ctor(String connectionString)

    at KGS.lVA.Core.OraDBObject..ctor(String newConnectionString)

    at KGS.lVA.Data.Supplier..ctor(String newConnectionString, String addressTypes)

    at KGS.lVA.Business.Supplier.GeteVASupplierData(String clientId, String clientName, String reqUniqueName, String orderUniqueName, String supplierUniqueId, String supplierId, String supplierName)

    at KGS.lVA.BizTalk.KGSIntegrationUtils.BannerIntegrationOut.ProcessMessage(String strDocument)

    • Marked as answer by Annee797 Monday, March 21, 2011 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 6:53 PM
  • The old version(9.2.7) of Oracle.DataAccess.dll was coming in the way.. When the entries for the old version were removed from registry, GAC, path reset in the environmental variables and the home directory renamed.. it started picking up the right assembly and the error is gone..
    Monday, March 21, 2011 2:51 PM