none
working slow during access sql base report

Question

• hello sir

i have configured windows terminal server 2008 r2 with 2 processor and 48 gb ram for 50 to 52 users. all user use maximum ram 20gb. 

i have also configured sql 2008 r2 on it and also iis for web base app.

i access web basse app and genrate any report.

during genreting report my server working very slow some time is server hang problem.

other time is working normal.

i check sqlservr.exe cup useg

its 20 , 10  ,  30  , 8  , 4  ,  6  , 21

but after complating report its  4 , 5 ,7

i also check iis cpu useg

its 4 to 6 , 8 meximum

plz help me for this problem

Thursday, March 06, 2014 11:05 AM

Answers

• My guess is that there is resource contention on the memory. I would check to see how much memory the SQL server is using. By default, a SQL instance will use up to 2 TB of memory or the amount in the system, which ever is less. This can be limited in SQL Management Studio. Right-click the instance name, choose properties, click the memory page, and set the Maximum server memory value. You will need to restart the SQL service for this to take effect. This value needs to be set low enough to allow the RDS users to operate correctly, and high enough to allow SQL to function. This is a delicate balance in this case and my require tweaking on your part to get just right.

Thursday, March 06, 2014 3:07 PM

All replies

• My guess is that there is resource contention on the memory. I would check to see how much memory the SQL server is using. By default, a SQL instance will use up to 2 TB of memory or the amount in the system, which ever is less. This can be limited in SQL Management Studio. Right-click the instance name, choose properties, click the memory page, and set the Maximum server memory value. You will need to restart the SQL service for this to take effect. This value needs to be set low enough to allow the RDS users to operate correctly, and high enough to allow SQL to function. This is a delicate balance in this case and my require tweaking on your part to get just right.

Thursday, March 06, 2014 3:07 PM
  • Hi Ronak,

How is everything going? Could you please tell us the present situation? If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Dharmesh
    Monday, March 10, 2014 3:01 AM