none
Files moved to Error Folder

Question

• Hi All,

I have created SSIS package which read the data from fixed width text file and load into Sql database table. I have folder structure like Inbox,Outbox and Error.

Inbox - Read files

OutBox- On Success, Move File here

Error - On Failure, Move File here

Sometime package move the files into error folder but if i cut and paste the same file into Inbox folder again then it gets successfully load into database table. I check into the file , but file had no issue. It happend sometime not frequently but in production environment .

so I would be appreciate if anybody help me to overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance !

Prashant Mhaske

Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• How do you move this files? Do you use precedence constraints?

MCSE SQL Server 2012 - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:53 AM
  • Hi Prashant,

How do you classify the file as Error? System error or Look up un match or what?

It may be that, when you run the next time all the pre-requisites are met. So it succeeds.

Rajkumar

Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Hi Rajkumar,

When I gets the file in the Inbpx folder we make an entry of the file name in database table and then read the file to read the content of the file. But sometime before making an entry of the file name in table, the file gets move into Error folder. It means that some error occurred before reading the name of the file. 

I am not sure due to what issue the file is moving into Error folder.

Prashant Mhaske

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:52 AM
  • Did you enable logging in the SSIS package?

Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:29 AM
  • No, I have not enabled logging.

Prashant Mhaske

Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Maybe it's time you do so, it might give you information on why the file import gave an error.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:46 PM
  • Hi ,

I have enabled logging but still I am not able to get the exact error message. When we tried to read the files through package, first time its gives the error and the file gets moved into Error folder but if we again put that file into INBOX folder to read again. Its gets read successfully.

Same thing is not happening for all the files but some files.

Thanks in advance

Prashant Mhaske

Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:57 PM
  • There's no error in the logging? Since the OnFailure precedence constraint is used, some error must be logged. Which events did you enable in the logging?

• Edited by Koen Verbeeck Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:15 PM dqfgasera
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:15 PM