none
decryption of bitlocker for windows 7?(parameeter is not currect....?)

Question

• hi i got a problem with bitlocker.i used bit locker with external hard drive.i created a pasword and i started to encrypting. but now i dont want to encrypting i want remove it.i tried all methods it says the parameter  is in currect.i tried TPM Manage Control it says compatible TPM cannot found.i dont know wat i need to do can u please anybuddy hel me.thanq
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Dumbu,

Thanks for your post, and from your words, I know that you would like to turn off Bitlocker on your  external hard drive.

We have easy way to decrypt the external hard drive.

1. Please plug in your external hard drive, enter the BitLocker key, and click on the Unlock button.

2. Follow steps under “To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption” in following article to disable BitLocker on your drive:

BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732725(v=ws.10).aspx

If there is any error message during this process, please help to post the screenshot of the error.

Please know that we are always here to help you troubleshoot this issue, your cooperation is appreciated and helpful for us to find the solution.

Look forward to your response.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:41 AM

All replies

• You do not use TPM chip for external hard drives. You can simply right click on the drive and choose "decrypt".

Tim Nilimaa | Global Product Manager Enterprise Client Management at Lumagate

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:16 AM
  • Hi Dumbu,

Thanks for your post, and from your words, I know that you would like to turn off Bitlocker on your  external hard drive.

We have easy way to decrypt the external hard drive.

1. Please plug in your external hard drive, enter the BitLocker key, and click on the Unlock button.

2. Follow steps under “To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption” in following article to disable BitLocker on your drive:

BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732725(v=ws.10).aspx

If there is any error message during this process, please help to post the screenshot of the error.

Please know that we are always here to help you troubleshoot this issue, your cooperation is appreciated and helpful for us to find the solution.

Look forward to your response.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:41 AM