New installation. All inbound mails are marked as Spam by Cloudmark for Content. From anyone: Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, O365... all mail(even when testing from the Edge server itself to itself by telnet 127.0.0.1 25).
New, greenfield installation:
- Windows Server 2012 DC's, Windows Server 2012 functional level
- Exchange 2013 All roles (CAS/Mailbox) on Windows Server 2012
- Exchange 2010 Edge Server with Forefront Protection for Exchange 2010 on Windows 2008R2
- Cloudmark engine is updating successfully and shows today's date as the version.
ALL emails inbound
- When I set Forefront to stamp and continue processing (it goes into junk mail): "FSE Content Filter Agent,OnEndOfData,AcceptMessage,,SCL,9"
- When I reject: "FSE Content Filter Agent,OnEndOfData,RejectMessage,550 5.7.1 Message rejected due to content restrictions,SclAtOrAboveRejectThreshold,9,v=2.1 cv=M6V0dUAs c=0 sm=1 tr=0 p=PdbawN1DAAAA:8 a=mFs5E60Zd2Jof9JknIyuNg==:117 a=dOjwkhujJHM2b/QMFULrXQ==:17 a=nDghuxUhq_wA:10 a=UzMy6eNlxVsA:10 a=pGLkceISAAAA:8 a=1XWaLZrsAAAA:8"
- When I quarantine: "FSE Content Filter Agent,OnEndOfData,QuarantineMessage,550 5.2.1 Content Filter agent quarantined this message,SclAtOrAboveQuarantineThreshold,9,v=2.1 cv=ep3mkOZX c=0 sm=1 tr=0 p=PdbawN1DAAAA:8 a=WkljmVdYkabdwxfqvArNOQ==:117 a=8rjiAUXplIkA:10 a=YaFYD9Hhv54A:10 a=uBmvdUkjAAAA:8"
Messages are simply "This is a test" messages.
Product appears to be activated.
- Edited by Bob Peck Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:06 AM
I think you have encountered a problem that all of incoming mails were treated as SPAM. The information that you provided indicates that these mails were marked as SCL rating 9 which will be deleted, rejected or quarantine . However, normal mails should be mark as SCL-1 and these mails usually can be forwarded.
Please check the configuration with following steps:
- What are the allow words or block words you defined before ?
- How did you dispatch SCL rating for different mails ?
- How were the mails treated in each SCL rating ?
You are able to get more information about “SPAM content filter” by the link below:
Understanding Anti-Spam and Antivirus Mail Flow
Configuring spam filtering
Microsoft Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server
- Marked as answer by Jeremy_WuMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Thursday, September 05, 2013 3:16 AM