none
MP could not write out CCM setting to WMI.

Question

• So I am on SCCM 2012 SP1, primary site is working ok after a MP reinstall, but all my secondary sites arent and the Remove Role on the Management Point on the secondary sites is greyed out, from my understanding by design in SP1.

The error I am getting is:

MP could not write out CCM setting to WMI.

Possible cause: MP didn't get installed properly.

Same as I had on the primary site, fixed by the reinstall of the MP which isnt greyed out on the primary site.

I gather the issue with the secondary MPs acting up might be from the known issue with WMF 3.0 and the SCCM agent, but if WMF is required for SCCM 2012 SP1 and I cant reinstall MPs on secondary sites, what should I do?

Monday, January 06, 2014 9:33 PM

Answers

• Try to run the command below to uninstall MP on the secondary site before using hierarchy tool to reinstall all services. The log mpsetup.log can be used for observing the progress. If failed, try the Torsten's suggestion.

C:\program files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64\rolesetup.exe /deinstall /siteserver:(sec server name) SMSMP 0

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Trana010 Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:09 PM
    Wednesday, January 08, 2014 4:57 PM
  • Hi Juke,

So after the command line uninstall I left it for hours, I restarted the secondary site server and the primary site server and the role is still installed in the console and it continues to generate status messages same as the original one every hour.

Since I cant add the role from the console since its already there supposedly, I tried re-installing it via mp.msi in %program files%\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\X64\ this fails with:

But re-installing IIS doesnt help.

MPsetup.log lists a successful install prior to me upgrading to SP1, after that nothing until I ran your command line yesterday, running mp.msi manually doesnt generate anything in the log.

So I tried your command line with install, this listed that:

No versions of MSXML60 are installed.  Would install new MSXML60.

But it was unable to install it automatically so I manually did it and 2nd attempt on rolesetup.exe went through fine!

Got that beautiful line of:

MP Control Manager verified that Management Point is responding to HTTP requests.

In the status messages again.

Thanks for your help!

Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:08 PM

All replies

• You could try to run preinst.exe /stopsite on a secondary site. This will flag all components for reinstallation. Just watch sitecomp.log after you restartet the ConfigMgr services.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:41 AM
  • Try to run the command below to uninstall MP on the secondary site before using hierarchy tool to reinstall all services. The log mpsetup.log can be used for observing the progress. If failed, try the Torsten's suggestion.

C:\program files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64\rolesetup.exe /deinstall /siteserver:(sec server name) SMSMP 0

Juke Chou

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 4:57 PM
  • Hi Juke, going by the Windows Event log, that seems to have worked and uninstalled the MP, thanks! SCCM doesn't seem to have picked up on it just yet as the MP role is still installed on the site in question in the console even after refresh, but I'm sure it will click in soon.

Just wanted to give this quick update now to ensure you guys that I am very much reading and considering your advice, Ill give an update tomorrow about how its progressing (if I'm able to re-install it and if it actually fixed the problem or not.)

Thanks again

Thursday, January 09, 2014 5:23 AM
  • Glad to hear that. You need to also check the replication link between SEC and PRI sites is fine. You may get this info from Monitor Node. If the replication link is fine, after the Global Data is synced to PRI, the console of Primary site will reflect the result.

Juke Chou

Thursday, January 09, 2014 7:52 AM
  • Hi Juke,

So after the command line uninstall I left it for hours, I restarted the secondary site server and the primary site server and the role is still installed in the console and it continues to generate status messages same as the original one every hour.

Since I cant add the role from the console since its already there supposedly, I tried re-installing it via mp.msi in %program files%\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\X64\ this fails with:

But re-installing IIS doesnt help.

MPsetup.log lists a successful install prior to me upgrading to SP1, after that nothing until I ran your command line yesterday, running mp.msi manually doesnt generate anything in the log.

So I tried your command line with install, this listed that:

No versions of MSXML60 are installed.  Would install new MSXML60.

But it was unable to install it automatically so I manually did it and 2nd attempt on rolesetup.exe went through fine!

Got that beautiful line of:

MP Control Manager verified that Management Point is responding to HTTP requests.

In the status messages again.

Thanks for your help!

Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:08 PM