none
MININT folder not deleted

Question

• Hi,

I've got an issue when deploying my XP image.
    The MININT folder is not fully deleted, there is still the subfolder Tools with some files (dll and exe like smsboot.exe, tsmanager.exe, tsenv.exe, tsmbootstrap.exe, tsprogressui.dll).
    The deployment is sucessful but this folder is not deleted.

I put the Finishaction=LOGOFF.

What can I do to have this folder deleted ? Add a registry key that delete this folder when session is closed or at the reboot ? Can't have MDT delete it automatically.
    I presume some files are in use (or not released yet) that's why they are not deleted.

I doublechecked if the folder was present in the wim and it is not.
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Yeah I've seen this posted a few times -may have even asked myself.  I'll be interested to see it there's a fix.  I think it's a  known issue.  Run once reg key may be a good work around.  All my machines still have the thing.. no harm but if you're like me it's an annoyance.
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:29 PM
  • You could create a batch script to delete the folder. Place it in the Startup folder of All Users, so when the first user logs in, the script is executed and files will be deleted. Just add code for the script to delete itself when it's finished, since you wouldn't want it to run every time someone logs in.

That's not as elegant as the RunOnce solution Fred B suggested, but it works. That's how the post-setup scripts are executed on my own images.
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:42 PM
  • Unfortunately there isn't a built in way to make the MININT folder go completely away.  This is because the DLL files that are in use in MDT are locked by Windows Scripting Host until the entire litetouch.wsf process is complete. 

Try this, http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-deployment/198156-cleanup-minint-after-interrupted-deployment.html

http://deploywindows7.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:50 PM