none
Last updates messed up my profile - Cant even create a new one

Question

• Hi, I'm getting this error: "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is inaccessible..." everytime I boot, I try to clic on desktop, try to do anything...

It happened last weekend when Windows update submitted 3 updates, one for IE, and some other security updates... until then my computer was always up to date and everything worked fine.

Suddenly it happened, I tried to follow this thread : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e39d1e18-0adb-48c9-b07a-1d1d3077ae03/cwindowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop-refers-to-a-location-that-is-unavailablewindows-8?forum=w8itproappcompat

But I cant do a clean boot nor make a new profile... I click ok "Add account" .. nothing happens.

What I did is I did a restoration to before the last 3 updates... and I works... but I lost my game's saves while doing so... So for a few days I could do as usual, and make up a new game... but as I always do my updates automatically... It just happened again...

This time, I didnt take a chance, I've put my saves on my server but what am I supposed to do... as I said I've tried a lot of things I saw in the forum and none of them worked...

Please help me, I cant even open a Windows folder now

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 10:22 PM

Answers