none
Access is Denied when the task is schedule to run under an account with no admin privilege

Question

• Hello,

My environment is Windows Server 2008 on an AD domain.

I have an exe which run fine when the task was scheduled using an account with admin privilege. The exe also run fine if run manually under a local account with no admin right. However, if I use the same account (local account, no admin right, just the right to run as logged on and batch job, the task was completed with an error 0x80070005 (Access is denied). I know that there is nothing wrong with the application, maybe the application does not have enough right to run. The application is not scheduled to run under highest privilege.

So my question is, without granting the application admin right, what right does it need to execute properly? The application does access our oracle database but the user name to access the database is sufficient or it would have bombed out before. This insufficient right might be on the OS level. I just want to grant the application just enough right to execute the job and not more than it needs. So what does it needs beside the right to logged on and run as batch?

Please help.

• Edited by FrankTo Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:48 PM
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you disable the UAC settings?
    Please check if "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for built-in Administrator account" is enabled?

Please disable it or change the setting on "User Account Control: Behavior of elevation to prompt for the administrators" to elevate without prompting to have a try.

Regards.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Vivian Wang

Friday, May 02, 2014 2:24 AM

All replies