none
Why there is difference in the price for MCTS exam in US and Canada as compared to other countries

Question

• Why there is difference in the price for MCTS exam in US and Canada as compared to other countries.

US and Canada charge 125 usd while India and Middle East the same exam price is 50 USD.

My Question

1. Is there any special benifit that US and Canada getting and i am not aware of
    2. Any difference in imporatance if it is given in US / Canada and not in India

Please Advise
    Friday, August 21, 2009 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

Well, I'd say it is about countries market etc. 125$ in US/Canada is let say 5 % of monthly earnings. Whereas 50$ in India is their 5% of earnings. I know, not very accurate comparision, but I think that shows why there is such a difference.

I'm from Europe in the there not so many differences in exam pricing accross Europe, even if there are countries where monthly salary is 10x less then in other countries. So here we can also discuss "fairness" of exam pricing matrix.....

The other thing is, in my humble opinion, IT guys in US/Canada earn more money than IT guys in India.

Basically the benefits are the some. There maybe some periodical special offers for certain countries/ regions, but MCP benefits itself stay the same.

Exam is exam, no matter where you pass it, importance stays the same.

BTW. in US you can buy a new car for let/s say 30-40k US dollars, while you earn 2k-3k per month. In my country (currency is different) you earn 2k a month, but new car (if we compare standard, class of the car etc) is for 60-80k. Call that fair :) (I know, strange comparision :D)

Cheers,
    Ben
    **finis coronat opus**
    Friday, August 21, 2009 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Well, I'd say it is about countries market etc. 125$ in US/Canada is let say 5 % of monthly earnings. Whereas 50$ in India is their 5% of earnings. I know, not very accurate comparision, but I think that shows why there is such a difference.

I'm from Europe in the there not so many differences in exam pricing accross Europe, even if there are countries where monthly salary is 10x less then in other countries. So here we can also discuss "fairness" of exam pricing matrix.....

The other thing is, in my humble opinion, IT guys in US/Canada earn more money than IT guys in India.

Basically the benefits are the some. There maybe some periodical special offers for certain countries/ regions, but MCP benefits itself stay the same.

Exam is exam, no matter where you pass it, importance stays the same.

BTW. in US you can buy a new car for let/s say 30-40k US dollars, while you earn 2k-3k per month. In my country (currency is different) you earn 2k a month, but new car (if we compare standard, class of the car etc) is for 60-80k. Call that fair :) (I know, strange comparision :D)

Cheers,
    Ben
    **finis coronat opus**
    Friday, August 21, 2009 10:05 AM
  • Nicely put Ben :-)
    Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Friday, August 21, 2009 2:12 PM
  • Yes!! No diff other than that!!
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:52 PM