none
SCCM 2012 - Client not getting installed completely

    Question

  • Hi ,

      We have new SCCM 2012 server installed and configured and configured,

    Trying to push the SCCM client to client machine ,client are getting installed ,but if I check the client - configuration manager - propertied - Action Tab I can see only  "1.Machine Policy Retriveval & Evaluation Cycle} 2:{User Policy Retriveval & Evaluation Cycle.

    Client are not getting software update scan. If I check ScanAgent log file it says " Software Updates client configuration policy has not been received, default settings will be used"

    Can you help us to find what is blocking here. We have another SCCM 2007 server which is production published for the same domain and planning to migrate to this new SCCM 2012 server.

    Thanks....

     

    Friday, May 31, 2013 2:19 PM

All replies

  • Is there any error in these log files on the Client:

    - ClientIDManagerStartup.log
    - ClientLocation.log
    - LocationServices.log

    Friday, May 31, 2013 2:47 PM
  • What you're likely seeing is the client being unable to locate a management point or register with the site. Check the logs dekac99 mentioned and also check ccmmessaging.log.


    Check out my Configuration Manager blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ameltzer

    Friday, May 31, 2013 8:08 PM
  • I couldn't see any error in these log file below the entries in log files..

    ClientIDManagerStartup.log

    [RegTask] - Client is registered. Server assigned ClientID is GUID:692128BA-2BB8-4C83-837B-B88E4FE42BDE. Approval status 0

    ClientLocation.log

    Client is now successfully assigned to site 'XXX' ClientLocation 6/3/2013 7:27:51 AM 10680 (0x29B8)
    Assigned MP changed from <SCCMSERVERNAME> to <SCCMSERVERNAME>. ClientLocation 6/3/2013 7:29:13 AM 8600 (0x2198)

    LocationServices.log

    The MP name retrieved is 'SCCMSERVERNAME' with version '7804' and capabilities '<Capabilities SchemaVersion="1.0"><Property Name="SSLState" Value="0"/></Capabilities>' LocationServices 6/3/2013 7:27:50 AM 10680 (0x29B8)
    MP 'SCCMSERVERNAME' is compatible LocationServices 6/3/2013 7:27:50 AM 10680 (0x29B8)

    the clients are still not doing software update scan etc...Please let me know how procced.Do you think that I should delete the clients from old SCCM server  before adding to new server. Any other setting I should check...

    Thanks.........

    Tuesday, June 04, 2013 4:50 AM
  • If those are the only two actions you are seeing, then the client is likely not communicating properly with your site.  Verify the client is within a boundary that is part of  boundary group used for site assignment.  Then, try to auto discover the site from the client's control panel applet.

    Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

    Tuesday, June 04, 2013 4:53 AM
  • The clients are with in the boundary and I have removed the boundary from other SCCM server before adding to new server. And client discovering the site when I click on auto discover.

    Thanks......

    Tuesday, June 04, 2013 6:08 AM
  • When you trigger a machine policy update, what do you see in the policy*.log files?

     


    Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

    Tuesday, June 04, 2013 6:19 AM
  • below the log file shows when I trigger machine policy

    PolicyAgent.log

    Requesting Machine policy assignments PolicyAgent_RequestAssignments 6/3/2013 11:57:31 PM 5632 (0x1600)
    Requesting Machine policy from authority 'SMS:XXX' PolicyAgent_RequestAssignments 6/3/2013 11:57:31 PM 5632 (0x1600)
    Raising event:
    instance of CCM_PolicyAgent_AssignmentsRequested
    {
     AuthorityName = "SMS:XXX";
     ClientID = "GUID:E53C2A75-CB99-4732-8032-9D440B290FE2";
     DateTime = "20130604065731.899000+000";
     ProcessID = 14564;
     ResourceName = "COMPUTER NAME";
     ResourceType = "Machine";
     ThreadID = 5632;
    };
     PolicyAgent_RequestAssignments 6/3/2013 11:57:31 PM 5632 (0x1600)

     

     PolicyEvaluator.log

    Evaluating policy in \\COMPUTERNAME\ROOT\ccm\Policy\S_1_1_0\RequestedConfig PolicyAgent_PolicyEvaluator 6/4/2013 12:13:13 AM 7972 (0x1F24)
    Raising event:
    instance of CCM_PolicyAgent_PolicyEvaluationComplete
    {
     ClientID = "GUID:E53C2A75-CB99-4732-8032-9D440B290FE2";
     DateTime = "20130604071313.046000+000";
     PolicyNamespace = "\\\\COMPUTERNAME\\ROOT\\ccm\\Policy\\S_1_1_0\\RequestedConfig";
     ProcessID = 14564;
     ThreadID = 7972;
    };
     PolicyAgent_PolicyEvaluator 6/4/2013 12:13:13 AM 7972 (0x1F24)
    Updating settings in \\\COMPUTERNAME\root\ccm\policy\s_1_1_0\actualconfig PolicyAgent_PolicyEvaluator 6/4/2013 12:15:13 AM 14256 (0x37B0)
    Raising event:
    instance of CCM_PolicyAgent_SettingsEvaluationComplete
    {
     ClientID = "GUID:E53C2A75-CB99-4732-8032-9D440B290FE2";
     DateTime = "20130604071513.171000+000";
     PolicyNamespace = "\\\\\COMPUTERNAME\\root\\ccm\\policy\\s_1_1_0\\actualconfig";
     ProcessID = 14564;
     ThreadID = 14256;
    };
     PolicyAgent_PolicyEvaluator 6/4/2013 12:15:13 AM 14256 (0x37B0)

    And I don't see any update in PolicyAgentProvider.log file

    Thanks.....

    Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:26 AM