none
Guidance on choice of technology for an application

Question

• Hi guys!

I need your experience and knowledge in order to decide the best approach for my future project.

To sum it up: it is meant to be an online auth-based platform (most likely via LiveID auth), that would allow users to select between various types of activities, upload rich content in regards to those activities, and in the end, they would recieve points depeding on their activities. Also, it has to have a centralization and reporting component that would centralize all users activities and points and possibly export them in an .xlsx file.

That's it in a nutshell. As this forum is not meant for technical questions, my question is: where should I post this request for guidance? Firstly I need to understand if there is something out there that I could adapt and use (such as a CMS), or should I build it from the ground up. that's my 1st question; depending on the conclusion, I will surely have many other questions :)

Thanks guys!

-denis

Denis | Marchează ca răspuns postarea care te-a ajutat!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:44 AM

Answers

• I think you'd want to ask an internal Microsoft forum or distribution group.

However, as you are currently using a system much like you describe, and Microsoft has many more, such as forums.asp.net, I'd say Microsoft already has a template to start you out :)

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

• Marked as answer by Denis Chiurtu Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:02 AM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:39 PM

All replies

• I think you'd want to ask an internal Microsoft forum or distribution group.

However, as you are currently using a system much like you describe, and Microsoft has many more, such as forums.asp.net, I'd say Microsoft already has a template to start you out :)

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

• Marked as answer by Denis Chiurtu Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:02 AM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Hi Karl! and thanks for your reply!

This project will be a personal one so internal forum or DG rules out in my view.

I'll start my search on asp.net, see what we can find there.

Once again thanks!

best! :)

-denis

Denis | Marchează ca răspuns postarea care te-a ajutat!

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:02 AM
  • If you want to build from the ground up and is unsure what technologies to use, try http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=architecturegeneral.

I don't think there's a forum for software shopping questions here.

Visual C++ MVP

Friday, August 23, 2013 11:23 PM