none
SQL 2012 SP1 Data Mining Add-in for Excel 2013 64 bit on Windows 8.1

Question

• I installed SQL Server 2012 SP1 Data Mining add-in for Excel 2013 64 bit on Windows 8.1 64 bit Enterprise. I then ran "Getting Started" to complete the add-in setup and connect to the SSAS DB. After I opened the "Sample Excel Data" file to test I noticed the "Table Analysis" tab under "TABLE TOOLS" appeared on the ribbon blank (without the text "ANALYZE" on the tab). When I clicked on that tab I was able to see the "Table Analysis Tools" buttons but I keep getting the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message when I try to run any one of them and exiting out of Excel disables the data mining add-in. Is this a known issue and if yes is there a hotfix available? Thank you.
    Monday, December 30, 2013 9:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is it an absolutely new environment, or it used to work until you installed some update such as SQL Server 2012 SP1? It might be a compatibility issue on Windows 8.1.

Regards, Leo

Thursday, January 02, 2014 1:14 AM
  • Leo, thank you for your response. It is an absolutely new environment.
    Friday, January 03, 2014 3:00 PM
  • Hi Tulga,

The SQL Server 2012 SP1 Data Mining Add-ins for Microsoft Office released on 09/01/2013 may have compatibility issue with Windows 8.1.

I suggest that you update the SQL Server 2012 to the latest version by installing Cumulative update package 7 (CU7) for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1, and keep the Windows 8.1 update.

Additionally, you can considering submitting a feedback at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql.

Cheers,

Regards, Leo

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:39 AM
  • Hi everybody,

I'm having the same problem with the same component and environment. I've installed the CU7 package and I have the window 8.1 updated, but the problem still continues.

Regards,

Jose

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:05 PM