BSOD after the PC stay idle for a while

Question

• Hello! I am getting the BSOD after 15+ minutes of idle state of the laptop running Windows 8.1. Don't have any idea why. I have an Alienware R2 intel I7 2GHz processor, an ATI Radeon HD 6790M, 8GB RAM.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:47 PM

All replies

• It may help to look at the minidump files from the crashes with a debugger.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via Windows Live SkyDrive or similar site?

The following link has information on using Windows Live SkyDrive:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time

Saturday, October 12, 2013 2:10 PM
  • i can't post a link beacause my account needs to be activated and i didn't receive any email
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Can you post a link by putting a space between two t's in https like:

ht tps://

Saturday, October 12, 2013 4:15 PM
  • If you are being told you cant post a link, or embed a picture (or any other restriction) you just need to post to this thread saying your account has not been validated

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, October 12, 2013 4:36 PM
  • ht tps://skydrive.live.com/#cid=A85736857D457A99&id=A85736857D457A99%21107
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 6:55 PM
  • Hi, i have the same issue with an asrock extreme, Athlon Dual, 8800GTS. And in my system, its caused by the nvidia gfx drv. i hope they fix it until release.. And 3Dmark06 aborts after the first 2 tests with "function not possble"..

But i also hab the issue after installing the Windows 8.0 Preview.. THE SAME.. maybe directx is involved.. I got some messages at the service center, that my nvidia-bsod-problem should be fixed - i installed drivers, updates, but it still occured after it.. so, microsoft will fix it soon, we can be sure :))

Stephan Ertel - MCITP/MCSA -

Saturday, October 12, 2013 8:03 PM
  • The minidump files show a consistent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) stop error referencing the iaStorAV.sys, which is the Intel storage driver:

BUCKET_ID:  0x133_DPC_iaStorAV+74202

There was one PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) stop error referencing the atikmpag.sys which is the AMD display adapter driver:

BUCKET_ID:  AV_atikmpag+10492

Try updating both of these drivers.

If the error(s) persist can you provide the following info:

Start > type msinfo32 and click on msinfo32.exe > File > Save > then save as an .nfo file.

Then make the resulting .nfo file available via Windows Live SkyDrive.

Also, can you do the following:

Start > type eventvwr click on eventvwr.exe > expand "Custom Views" and then right-click "Administrative Events" > select "Save all events in Custom View As" and save as an .evtx file

Then make the resulting .evtx file available via Windows Live SkyDrive.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:06 AM