none
Remote Desktop Services Manager MMC snap-in available for Windows 8

Question

• Is the Remote Desktop Services Manager MMC snap-in available for Windows 8? What do we use to boot sessions?
    Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:43 AM

All replies

• I have the same question. I went to go boot some sessions and didn't know where to go.
    Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:51 PM
  • Have you enabled the feature in Windows Feature? If so, please go to Control Panel -> Administrative tools.

Deploy Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 8

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831501.aspx

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 05, 2012 7:52 AM
  • I have enabled every possible tool and still no Remote Desktop Services Manager MMC snap-in. How do you manage remote desktop sessions without this tool?

Saturday, October 06, 2012 1:14 AM
  • I use this a lot to manage my Windows servers.  I have a list of all the servers in the Remote Desktops.msc and can quickly switch between servers.  It was part of the admin tools, but doesn't appear to exist anymore with Windows 8.
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:50 PM
  • And I have the same problem. No tsadmin available for Windows8!
    Tuesday, November 06, 2012 8:15 AM
  • There is no longer a Remote Desktop Services Manager MMC.  I have been using the Remote Desktop Connection Manager. It's an Add-on, but works just fine with Win 8 x86 and x64. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21101
    As for a TSADMIN replacement, I haven't found one yet, but I am looking.
    • Proposed as answer by vyndel Monday, January 21, 2013 4:52 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Thank you for the link. I was pulling my hair out about the missing Remote Desktops option in RSAT for W8

Wonder why they did this? It was one of my top used add-ons

While on the subject of RSAT for W8, anyone have any good links to how the fudge to configure it properly on W8? I am having all kinds of problems =)

Thanks

ME

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:18 AM
  • What do you mean by "fudge it" to work on Win 8?  To get to the admin tools I believe it is "Win+X" key combination.  I know that is how to get to disk manager and a bunch of other goodies like that.
    Tuesday, February 05, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Also, just so you know, TSADMIN has had its functionality replaced by the RDMS tool. =/
    Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:56 PM